Friday, December 30, 2011

Meanwhile, back in Cape Town...

Before I finish telling the tales of my travels, I want to fill you in on what's been happening in my life post-backpacking. This is my first Christmas spent out of the nest, and while there were some homesick moments that caught me with tears in my eyes, I've been extremely lucky to share this holiday with the lovely and slightly crazy (in the good way of course) family and friends of my boyfriend. Since my return, we spent several days zipping back and forth to the airport to pick everyone up from their various global postings and it's been a whirlwind of fun for the past few weeks now. Our days are filled with hikes, beaches and competition (the boys cook up tournaments of every kind from soccer, water polo and football to Mario Kart and ping pong) and our nights with wine, decadent dinners and more games, of course. With tons of kids around, it's a different energy from the holidays I'm used to, but I love it all the same. Maybe it's because their family is spread all over the world, or maybe it's a German thing, but the stress and pressure that so many American families feel around the holidays was not present this year. We were all happy to be together under one roof, and the gifts were just kind gestures instead of the reason for the season.

Although I've had two weeks of adventures around Cape Town, I'll keep it short and sweet and hit ya with the highlights:

Days upon days of sun, sand and smiles.

Live Freely,
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment