Sunday, February 12, 2012

On Top



There's never a boring minute in the Mother City, that I can assure you. Dramatic, yet accessible scenery is at our fingertips everywhere we turn and it never gets old. So, last weekend David and I finally checked one incredible hike off of our To Do list. We took advantage of the monstrous mountain range in our backyard and hiked to the top of Chapman's Peak and watched an incredible sunset. But, we weren't done yet. We brought along sleeping bags and a tent and made a night of it. The sunset alone was so freaking sick, just a huge water colored sky with nothing obstructing our view. As it faded, we turned our attention to the dazzling lights of Haut Bay and man, did I feel small. There's something about watching thousands of people's lives go on beneath you to remind you of your tiny but unique place in the world. Not to mention the fact that the two of us were the only souls around for miles. I mean, sleeping on the mountain is not exactly legal, but it was definitely a risk worth it's consequences.


I will admit that I was somewhat scared during the night, but I am just that kind of paranoid, "this is how horror movies start" person, so it was definitely just me. And the view the next morning... DAMN. Even with my sleepy little eyes, it was breathtaking. I had never seen the ocean so calm or the misty clouds spread so thin over Noordhoek. Absolutely amazing - we win!

Live spaciously,
KG

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Katy, diggin' your writing style! Have alot of fun there. x ernst

    ReplyDelete