Monday, June 4, 2012

bay day



Holly's sister was visiting for a while, so we had a good excuse to take a break from the books, thank you, rebellious teen Jesus with a patchy beard (that's how I imagine him). One day consisted of a day at the Water Front and an impromptu sailing trip just before sunset with a one legged captain and a couple of bottles of wine. The little cruise turned into drunken sailing lessons (completely open water - don't worry Ma) and I don't think it could have been better if it was raining Butterfingers and burritos. That's saying something, people! There are tons of people that will take you on a harbor cruise for practically nothing, and if you go at the right time (like us), you have the boat all to yourselves! After that, we chowed down at a Scottish pub called Mitchell's which has unbelievable honey beer, and then we headed home!

The V&A Water Front is supposed to be modeled after SF's Wharf, but besides the tourist priced food and the fleet of boats, I didn't notice many similarities. However, seeing as how it's one of the biggest tourist destinations in the city, I figured I had to check it out at least once, and I'm really glad I did. With the sun kissing your face and that salt water air, nothing's that bad, right?

One final, one week and one 30+ hour flight until I'm home! Chea!



Live wisely,
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment