Sunday, January 1, 2012

This might sound funny, but one of my New Year's resolution is to blog more frequently. It's a fulfilling outlet to write creatively when analyzations and articles bore me, and in the line of work I'll be dabbling in, it could only help. So to kick off the new year, and because today will be felt as a day of recovery all around the world - I've got somethin up my sleeve.

My Dutch princess, Lieke, finally came back to Cape Town from traveling for a few months so I ditched the fam for a day and shopped with her in a quaint little Laguna Beachesque town called Kalk Bay. It's main road was lined with the most amazing antique shops and boutiques. From designer dresses to old Victorian dressers, we saw it all. As David pointed out to me, I don't really go shopping to buy, but mostly to get inspired for new projects and styles - so this place was a gold mine.

Here's just some of what caught my fancy:

Memory Lane is the funkiest little shop with all sorts of vintage goodies from a wall full of old glass bottles to cookie tins, outlet covers and street signs.

And then we stumbled into a real gem: Cape to Cairo, an insane treasure trove of the coolest candles you've ever seen. There was tons of goodies for the whole house, but these caught my attention:

The store was bursting with so much color and so many candles, I was in Heaven. They're a pretty big investment though, if ya know what I mean, so I might take a while to narrow the decision down to my absolute favorite before I make a purchase.

These were just two of the dozen stores we popped into, and they will all be revisited soon! But no visit to Kalk Bay is complete without a visit to...

Olympia Bakery!!! It was pretty much wiped out since I went at the end of the day, but I still had to pop in and sniff around.

Cheers for the new year!
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment