Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lovely Pair of Pears

The men in this house love sweets and are completely spoiled in that department by their sister, Stella. So, I'm always trying to keep up by finding easy recipes that even I can't mess up. Problem is, most of the easiest desserts happen to be the fattiest. Globs of butter, loads of chocolate. Well, problem solved.
While browsing the lovely FoodGawker, I came upon a true gem. Stuffed. Baked. Pears. Delicious, healthy and really, really easy. I followed this yummy recipe from Honey&Jam and tweaked it just a bit by adding diced pear to the stuffing instead of almonds which we didn't have on hand.
Basically, you halve and seed the pears, make an oat/cinnamon/brown sugar mixture and spoon the mixture into the center! After 30 minutes in the oven, drizzle honey et voila! We served ours with vanilla ice cream because... well, because David's addicted. Anyway, it was the perfect, light dessert I've been searching for. We ate it after our home made pizza that I wanted to snap a picture of but who am I kidding, that stuff was inhaled.


Live fruitfully,
KG

No comments:

Post a Comment